Sunday, March 8, 2009

The Program


The program I'll be doing at the UC Center in Rome is called Rome through the Ages. It's a combination of intensive Italian language courses and courses taught in English such as: The Sociology of Rome, Urban History of Rome, Science and Religion and Italy, Culture and Identity in Modern Italy, Postwar Italian Cinema, and Gender Wars in Early Modern Italy. I'm a double major: Communication and Sociology, with an emphasis in Comparative Studies and World Development. (And if I can somehow find a way to add more hours into the standard 24-hr one, and balance everything else I do, I may even sneak in a Minor in Global and International Studies...still working on that though). While abroad, I'll be taking classes for my Sociology major. I'll either be living in dorm-type apartments or privately-owned apartments, about 20-30 minutes from the University by public transportation (or the very-possible 3.2 hours if I get lost..but hey, if you're going to get lost somewhere, might as well be in Rome)
The program starts on my 21st BIRTHDAYYY!! and ends in mid-december...bringing me back in time to enjoy winter and spring quarter back at UC Davis with some of my favorite people in the world :)

3 comments:

  1. Who are you trying to fool with that studious picture of you! Ahaha! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taken by ME!!
    I dunno if we got much work done that day.
    I don't like this blog tho, makes me miss you already!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds so fun! You will have a great time!!

    ReplyDelete