Saturday, May 16, 2009

Yes I AM still alive, I just haven't updated this in far too long...

Wowww it's been WAY too long since I've updated this, a little more than two months to be exact. [It's been so long that I forgot my blogspot account password upon signing in ahaha...when Shawna heard that: "CASE IN POINT!!!"]
On a brighter note, that must mean that I'm getting used to Italian time ;)
I've heard bus drivers leave when they feel like leaving, people get to scheduled meetings when they feel like getting there, etc etc...I was about to say that this particular way of going about things will probably be Main Adjustment #1, [punctuality's my thing. Which isn't to say I'm always on time, I just always get frustrated with myself when I'm running behind schedule, or when people are taking their sweet, and i mean saccharine-drenched-sweet, time.] but who am I kidding, there are going to probably be a thousand different adjustments clamoring for my attention, way too many to rank...
I'm getting SO excited for this trip; I can't stop thinking about it, I can't stop talking about it, (sounds like a bad infatuation, typed out like that hahaha...). And the way this quarter, and this year, is FLYING by, study abroad is practically around the corner at this rate. It still definitelty doesn't feel real. It definitely hasn't 100% set in that within a few months, I'll be downing cappuchinos, visiting famous historical buildings, trying out my Italian language skills, and humming "That's Amore". It probably won't hit me until I'm packing, or on the plane, or some moment like that. I'll go "Oh my goodness [they havent taught us the more, um, alternative expressions of surprise in Italian 2 ;)], VIAGGERO IN ITALIA!! and that'll be it. Go time. August through December. Needless to say, in addition to my intense excitement, I'm also pretty nervous/anxious. Not "cold feet" status, heck no. Just a little jittery. I've never been gone, on my own, for this amount of time before. So I have no idea what to expect. I suppose there's only one way to find out, and I'm certainly on track to do that!! I'm up for the challenge...

1 comment: